Bustier breastfeeding moms face several challenges when choosing a nursing or maternity bra. Similarly, those who love the comfort of wearing a nursing tank also face difficulties when choosing the best nursing tanks for large breasts. Nursing tanks are not very common in the market so getting one that fits perfectly and offers maximum support and comfort is quite challenging for bustier women. This article will thus focus on nursing tanks for large breasts and how to choose a perfect fit.
A quick comparison table for the best nursing tank tops for large breasts
|Bravado! Designs Women's Dream Nursing Tank||Built in bra, Drop down cups, Removable pads, Maximum support, Innerwear and outerwear, Hip length|
|iLoveSIA 2Pack Seamless Nursing Cami Tank Top||Built in bra, Seamless, Innerwear and outerwear, Drop down cups, Removable pads, Great for sleeping|
|HOFISH Seamless Maternity & Nursing Cami Tank Top||Removable pads, Strap is detachable, Slim fit, Hip length, Can be worn under a shirt, Can be won during pregnancy and nursing|
|Undercover Mama Nursing Tank||Hip length, No built in bra, Breathable material, Stretches slightly, Can be won during pregnancy and nursing|
|HDE Womens V Neck Ruched Sleeveless Tank Top||Past Hip length, No built in bra, Stretches slightly, Very soft and comfortable material, Hides postpartum belly, Very Stylish|
|Bearsland Women's Maternity Nursing Tank Tops||Super soft and comfy material, Wide variety of colours, Trendy, Covers postpartum belly very well, Hip length, Can be won during pregnancy and nursing|
|SUIEK Nursing Tops Tanks Shirt Cami||Removable pads, Hip length, Good for outerwear, Can be worn with a nursing bra|
Are nursing camis really necessary?
I would say it all comes down to personal preferences.
Some nursing moms do not like showing a lot of skin when breastfeeding especially when in a public place. A nursing cover may come in handy but we all know that some babies do not like being covered while feeding especially when it is really hot.
Other moms find nursing tank tops very comfortable compared to maternity and nursing bra for large breasts. So it all boils down to what you like.
Our top picks for best nursing tanks for large bust
Nursing tank with built-in bra/shelf bra for large cup sizes
A built-in bra is also known as a shelf bra. When shopping for a nursing tank top, it is important to choose one that has a built-in bra especially if you are a bustier lady.
This is because tanks with built-in bra offer an exceptional amount of support for your breasts so no need to wear something else like a t-shirt on top.
Some of the most sought after nursing tank tops with built in bra for large breasts are the Bravado designs and the ILoveSIA seamless cami.
- This is one of the best nursing tanks for large breasts based on the fact that it has a built-in nursing bra. This means that you get the benefits of a nursing bra and a tank top all in one bravado nursing tank.
- Just like with a normal nursing bra, this tank has a drop down cup that allows you to easily breastfeed your baby even in public.
- The built-in bra offers maximum support even for full breasts hence no need to wear another bra inside. You can, therefore, wear this tank as outerwear just like your normal tops without feeling uncomfortable.
- This tank is made from a very soft and thick material that is very comfortable to the skin.
- Another important feature is that the tanks are long enough (around hip length).
- They also fit loosely so you do not have to worry about your post-pregnancy belly being exposed to the world.
- To top it all up, this tank comes with removable pads to ensure your breasts are well shaped as well as to provide extra coverage. This makes it even more ideal for outerwear.
- Nursing moms who have worn this tank have however complained about having a hard time unfastening the clasps with one hand after breastfeeding.
Seamless nursing cami with built-in cups
One benefit of a tank top is that it can double as an innerwear and outerwear. As an innerwear, the tank provides good support for your breasts as well as your belly so that it doesn’t show through your clothing especially after delivery.
If you are looking for a tank top that you can wear inside your clothes, then a seamless nursing tank is ideal for layering.
A seamless tank is designed with no seams thus does not show through the clothes. They are usually made of a single fabric that does not have any form of stitching.
There are several seamless nursing tanks for large breasts available in the market, but let us review one that has built-in cups.
- This nursing cami is perfect for wearing under a shirt since it is seamless
- It has built-in cups that drop down on one hand for easy breastfeeding
- It is made of a stretchy high-quality fabric that helps to accommodate your changing breasts and belly size since it can also be worn as a maternity tank top.
- The cami comes with removable pads that provide shape as well as discretion in case you opt to wear it as an outerwear
- For moms who like sleeping in a bra when nursing, this seamless cami is very comfortable as a sleep cami with shelf bra.
- However, some nursing moms have found that the foam cups are very thin and thus wear out easily.
Nursing tank for large breasts without built in bra
Not every nursing mom will find nursing tanks with built-in bras comfortable.
For some, the shelf bra may not provide as much support as an actual nursing bra. Hence, they may need to wear a nursing bra under a camisole for maximum support. The cami, in this case, would just help to cover the mid-section when breastfeeding.
For this reason, a nursing tank without a shelf bra would be ideal.
However, most tanks have shelf bras and so finding one without a built-in bra especially for a largely breasted mom is not easy.
I would, therefore, recommend getting one that comes with removable pads so that you can get rid of the pads and wear your supportive nursing bra instead. An example of this is the SUIEK Nursing top tank.
Most Stylish nursing tops
Breastfeeding tops do not always have to be dull. You do not have to walk around with a top that screams “I am nursing” because they now come in a variety of styles and colours. The bearsland and HDE Women V-neck are among the most stylish nursing tanks on the market. They come in a variety of colors and are fashionably designed.
- They come in a variety of colors and prints.
- Whether going shopping, traveling, or simply staying at home, you can wear one and look very stylish.
- They are good for breastfeeding when in public because you do not even need a nursing cover. The front side has ruffles. Under the top ruffle, there is an opening which allows you to breastfeed your baby easily. As the baby feeds, the ruffles cover your breast thus making it very discrete. People will not easily notice you are breastfeeding unless they are really keen.
- The ruffles also cover the belly fat pretty well, which gives you confidence.
- I also like the fact that the back side does not the ruffles. This looks flattering especially when you get the right fit; not too tight or too loose.
- You can easily adjust the straps to a comfortable length. You can make the straps longer so that the top reaches mid-thigh and you wear it with a pair of leggings. Also, you can shorten the straps so that the top reaches hip length then you can wear it with your favorite jeans.
The only issue with this nursing tank tops is that:
- The straps are thin, so your bra straps will probably show at the shoulders.
- It’s fitting is a bit small; you might have to buy a size up based on your normal size. For instance, if you wear a small size, medium size will fit well.
- It has a ruched waist which not only flatters your waistline by making it look slimmer but also hides that postpartum belly fat.
- The V neck eases nursing and also shows off a bit of the cleavage. For this reason, you can actually wear it on a night out with friends.
- If you are uncomfortable showing cleaving, you can wear a camisole underneath to cover the V neck.
- The soft yet stretchy material makes it very comfortable.
- It has a small fitting, so you may need to get a size bigger than your normal size.
Benefits of wearing nursing tanks for large breasts
Nursing tanks enable breastfeeding mothers to nurse their babies discreetly especially when in public or around friends and relatives. You do not have to expose your tummy when feeding the baby or expose your entire breast too like in the case of normal bras.
Nursing tanks, unlike bras, are very convenient. If your baby wants to feed, nursing tops allow you to access your breasts quite easily.
I particularly like nursing tank tops because I can wear them just like a normal t-shirt since they resemble normal clothes. So, you do not have to wear something else on top of a nursing tank if you do not feel like it especially during hot weather.
Nursing tanks with built-in bras give you maximum comfort because they support the breasts pretty well. It is like wearing a bra and a t-shirt only that this time they are attached together